Wednesday, November 9, 2011

CELEBRATING NIGERIA'S FOREMOST PHOTOGRAPHER, SUNMI SMART-COLE AT 70

A living legend, Mr Sunmi Smart-Cole
The first time I met Sunmi Smart-Cole was at an event we were both photographing earlier this year. I was the new kid on the block and as he didn't know who I was, he walked up to me and introduced himself, he mentioned his name and I couldn't believe I was right there meeting Nigeria's living 'photography' legend, I had heard so much and read so much about the man that gave the 'Art of photography' the clout and respect it now holds in Nigeria and even at 70 he still had the charm and suave of a man in his 40's or 50's, so you can imagine my shock when I heard he was turning 70! Wow!
It is a great honour for Seriously Doughnuts to share exclusive pictures with you as Nigeria celebrated its gift to the world of photography...Mr Sunmi Smart-Cole at 70.

Read Mr Sunmi Smart-Cole's profile  here

























..... and in case you wonder if he still photographs?? OhYES!!! Even at 70 he still whips out the camera to shoot great pictures!!! Totally Amazing!!! Wishing him many more years in good health!

Here's to 70 happy cheers from all of at Seriously Doughnuts! Hip! Hip! Hip! Hurray!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Seriously Doughnuts. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig