Monday, August 1, 2011

PICTURES: RETROSPECTIVE VINTAGE AND ACCESSORIES BOUTIQUE BY YOANNA 'PEPPER' OKWESA

Repping Seriously Doughnuts, Bola Obileye with RETROSPECTIVE's Owner, Yoanna 'Pepper' Okwesa

 Seriously Doughnuts hit the town yet again for another busy Lagos weekend but with so many events taking place across the town we split the team up and I chose to go checkout the re:launch of RETROSPECTIVE, the first vintage treasure trove in Lagos owned by Fashion Editor of Fab Magazine , Yoanna 'Pepper' Okwesa.
I walked in and was quite impressed about how the shop actually looked retro chic. It's a cute shop packed with tons of gorgeous pieces, from necklaces to bracelets, earrings to shoes..it was like taking a step back in time to elegant, funky and charming era all at once.
I picked my first find (the most beautiful necklace and bracelet set ever) and then realised  I left my wallet at home.  Dang!( @*T*) .  I gave it back and right before my eyes the very pretty Uju Offiah (the designer behind the label Meena) walked in, picks up the same set and buys it...I could have screamed...!!! We joked about it but Ugo got to keep it...Ahhhhhh!!!! It was supposed to me mine...oooohhh!!
I since made a mental note to go back during the week to shop! shop and Shop!!!! I liked the attention to detail in the deco and the layout but most of all I love the authenticity and how true everything in the shop was true to vintage...absolutely lovely...
The prices are actually quite good in fact great sef..So anyway,  I got snap happy and shot a few pictures for y'all...Enjoy!

Jay Capocapa

Wadami, Editor, Haute Fashion Africa and Yoanna checking out Dami's find...

The Designer, Uju Offiah

The Pretty Uju Offiah of Meena

Cupcakes..the perfect starter to every Lagos party...


This is was supposed to be mine.....Ahhhhhhh!!!!!




















Owner, Yoanna Okwesa















This is as good as vintage gets...in the most unlikely location, smack bang in the heart of Lagos. If you like all things vintage then you'll love Retrospective...think of it as retail therapy time..!!!!
Retrospective is located at 2 Aderibigbe Street, Ikate, Surulere, Lagos.
 In the words of Dbanj..."let's goooo dere"
So what ya think?  You like????
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. charity shop and estate sales rolled into one

    ReplyDelete
  2. u looked gorgeous. i've always liked 'pepper's' style.

    nice pics....btw, in the write up you wrote ugo offiah for meena instead of uju offiah. u shud prob correct it.

    ur doing a gud job.keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so pretty (naturally!) This is how a vintage shop should look though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bola am loving ur dress and look here
    I think I just died and went to vintage heaven
    Damn thats a real good job pepper did in sourcing
    I am so visiting the store
    I hope its not overpriced tho

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pepper pepper! I'm so proud of you! Your boutique is looking amazing! :) Hope your well. Love the pics of the jewellery :) Blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We Love Yoanna and her fabulous HAIR! we are definately checking this place out.

    myHairmyBeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!
    Is that a KENYAN LESO I see in the fabrics basket??
    mmmm;-)
    Great concept!!

    ReplyDelete

© Seriously Doughnuts. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig