Friday, May 27, 2011

INTRODUCING TÓTÉ ANKARA HANDBAGS & ACCESSORIES BY BOLA OBILEYE

Fashion has always been my first love..I style it, watch it, photograph it, write about it, in fact I live and breathe fashion, its my release from realities of life..For some reason I particularly love accessories and as much as I have created pieces for photo shoots I have never dreamt or considered myself a designer..I'm just a fashion enthusiast..

But since I returned to Nigeria, I have rediscovered a creative side of me that I knew existed but never paid attention to. The truth is if you have an ounce of creativity in you, Nigeria forces it to the fore because things you want and  need are never easily accessible, so you make things if you really really want them. As a fashion stylist, I'm often challenged to find perfect accessories for a photoshoot in Nigeria so rather than complain I get creative and make what I need and now I'm hooked! Over the past 4-8 weeks, my creative knack has gone into overdrive.A friend of mine Bella May, had a fashion sale at home so I joined her to show some leather and ankara bags I had created and I invited a close knit of friends to privately view and critique my pieces but to my surprise I was truly overwhelmed by the positive feedback.I took lots of orders from that single show and the rest they say is history...

Now I come up with  new designs everyday and I can't believe how much fun I'm having especially when clients pick up their bags and go "Wow"...that really gives me an unimaginable drive...so Yes people, it looks like I'll be making handbags for as long as I can churn out designs...

As for the brand name TÓTÉ, my older sister (Dunnie Olukoga) came up with it, it's the first 2 letters from my sons names (Tobi and Terry in true Naija business naming convention style..LOL! )but I love it (Thanks Sis). I'm planning a photoshoot at some point next week but in the meantime I thought today, Children's day is perfectly timed to share with you a project dedicated to mine that started off as a celebration of my new found love for Ankara..

Many of my leather pieces are one-offs as I often buy rare leathers such as the one used for the TÓTÉ vintage Bag. I have made quite a number of bespoke pieces for friends and so far I'm loving every moment of this..

Here are just a few pictures from my collection of Ankara and leather infused handbags bags, laptop and ipad cases...

Hope you like..

Praying Out Loud  - Ohh Lord, please let them like my bags...IJN...:)

PS: Don't get it twisted though I'm just a fashion enthusiast..LOL!







My first ever bag sold was bought by Bunmi, pictured here with her  TÓTÉ vintage box bag.In the plain red dress is my friend Bella May, I showed my bags for the first time at her home ..thanks babe..
Fabulous TÓTÉ Laptop Ankara and leather bags
TÓTÉ Ankara Clutch bags
My lovely friends Cynthia and Funmi Ademoroti (Funmi, I know you're  gonna shoot me for this..LOL!)

My childhood friend, Ifeoma Bosah holding a TÓTÉ Ankara clutch bag
TÓTÉ Weekender

Ghana Kente Style TÓTÉ clutch bag
Cynthia modelling my Epileather bucket bag

Leather and Ankara box bag

I stopped by at Fusion Fashion Market on saturday to see a friend, I showed her my bags and "Wow" ladies loved it....Whooo hooo!

For Enquiries; 0802 4113305, 0816 599 4201 Email: o_obileye@yahoo.com
TÓTÉ Ankara Clutch bags and Ankara Kente Print and Leather Laptop Case

The Creative Director of Graces Hats loved the bags..I jumped up when she commended me..Listen guys this woman has been blazing the design trail in hat making in Nigeria for over 20 years..so yes I got excited.
I need to grow up I know...hee! hee!
This is my favourite bag, most people order them in half the size but i love it huge
LOL!
Errrm...Hope you guys like what you see o.. but I'll really appreciate constructive feedback..*wink! *wink!
For Enquiries: Feel free to call me on  0802 4113305 or email me at: o_obileye@yahoo.com

Happy Children's Day Peeps!
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Gorgeous collection! Well done Ms Entrepreneur. You must do a launch in the UK. I have my eye on the leather ankara box bag. Pls let me know how I can get one asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bags... What is the price range and how can people in the state get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job sis. Again, I am amazed NOT! You go gurl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bags are really nice, this ain't no sloppy design ankara bag that I have seen around all in the name of ankara bag....Yours is unique, and I see a bag that was created with attention to details....Great Job, please what is your price range, please create a website for your company so people can view your work. God will continue to bless your hand work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Bola what a FAB collection. Really I am drolling LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!
    Adenike Bankole-Watson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done my dear Bolly Pomping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thumbs up, these bags are very nice........great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOLA NO FAIR I WANT ONE ESPECIALLY THE LAPTOP CASES NEED ONE FOR MY MACBOOK AIR. LOVE YOUR BAGS BOLA HOW CAN I GET ONE AND PRONTO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best ankara bags i have seen so far. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that bucket bag n yeah a UK lunch would b awesome. very unique work by d way

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well done, I agree with Adenike. this is not a sloppy design like what most Nigerian "designers" call creative. There is a unique style that is consistent and I pray you develop the business so that we see more from you. Do remember to create a facebook page for your business so that we can be updated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love love the bags but above all i love your boundless energy. Well done Bola

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new business venture. May it continue to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want the 4th & 6th. Website?

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your bags they are to die for . what's the price range coz when i get to naija i want to get one as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So so lovely
    http://ycfonlinedirectory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Seriously Doughnuts. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig