Tuesday, May 17, 2011

TUESDAY THOUGHT CLINIC: ASK The Thought Dr.™ PATRICIA OMOQUI

Patricia Omoqui - SD Thought Dr and Naija Wife...
Letter from SD Reader
Dear Patricia,
I am 25 years old.  I have discovered that stress is occupying my mind, body and thoughts.  It is hard to describe this.  I don’t sleep well.  I have chronic fear.  I don’t know what to say to others in conversation.  I have lost my confidence.  Can you help me?
Sincerely,
Distressed
Response from the desk of the Thought Dr.™ Patricia Omoqui
Dear Distressed,
I appreciate your honesty.  The first and best thing you can do is to accept yourself just as you are right now.  Congratulate yourself for being so self-aware.  Thank your body for showing you through sleeplessness and stress that you need to make some changes.  God made us with built-in systems that guide us to our next area for growth.  
You desire to be confident.  Confidence comes from knowing that you are a beautiful, uniquely gifted creation of the Universe.  You were born valuable.  You do not have to prove your value to others.  
If fears are causing you sleepless nights, you have no doubt bought into negative thinking.   God gave you a powerful tool called a mind.  Perhaps, though, you are allowing your mind to control you rather than using it with discernment.  
I suggest you begin to observe your thoughts.    What fears keep replaying?  What self-criticism do you tell yourself repeatedly?  What would happen if you replaced these stressful thoughts with more positive, empowering ones?  Wouldn’t life feel different?
Each thought is an opportunity -- how you think creates how you feel and how you feel determines how you live in the world.  Identify the thoughts that are causing you to lose your confidence.  
Consider replacing them with a few powerful affirmations:
I am here for a reason.  I was born valuable. I am wonderfully made.
I examine my fears, learn from them and move beyond them.
I open to seeing myself in a positive light.
I choose to be gentle and loving to myself.
I have the power and potential to live a fulfilling, happy life. 
If you believed these new thoughts, how  might your life change?

I have a daily email list called Food For Thought that provides support in building self-confidence.  If you are interested, sign up by visiting my website www.patriciaomoqui.com.  Put your email address in the yellow empowerment tips box on my website.    
With confidence in you, 
Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.™

Patricia Omoqui, The Thought Dr.™, is an executive  coach and business consultant, the author of Clarify Your Purpose and Live It!  She is sought after as an inspirational speaker, life coach and corporate/civil service trainer.  Patricia is an American married to a Nigerian.  She is a passionate facilitator of positive change.  Visit http://www.patriciaomoqui.com . To contact Patricia, email info@patriciaomoqui.com or text 08026221202 or BB PIN:  25EDC807.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Seriously Doughnuts. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig