Saturday, April 16, 2011

NIGERIA MUST CHANGE BUT WHAT DOES CHANGE MEAN TO YOU?

On my way from the polling booth this morning, I got a message from a Seriously Doughnuts reader challenging me to ask other readers what change really means to them.
In his words;
"What are people voting for ? Why are they voting or not voting? Are they voting for power? Better roads? We all want change but what kind of change?" According to him, "Too many people say they want change but have no idea the kind of change the want?"

Indeed,what yardstick would we use to measure our progress if we do not define what our expectations are?  When we elect a new leader today, what are your expectations of him? What milestones and success criteria should we have defined?
So dear readers, I'm duly throwing these questions to you, please oblige a fellow reader and tell all what change means to you..How would you describe a new improved Nigeria? if you could change Nigeria, what issues would you tackle?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. change to me in summary would b a country that has d majority of its population in mind in considering what project they take up, when they take it up, n how they do.
    trust me the day our leaders put behind their greed n start acting human by considering the poor then we'll have a great nation

    ReplyDelete
  2. So yesterday I was talking with a friend who asked whom I would be voting for, I said GL probably... She then asked why? We need change! Vote for someone else, anyone else... So does that constitute change?

    I was in the states for the '08 elections, when Obama ran on the change platform . I saw what change was! And this our Nigerian candidates are all "the same old" BS-ers. I probably didn't follow as closely as I could have, but for me it cause no one stood out. *Notice I said "to me"*

    I am interested to read what others think.

    ReplyDelete

© Seriously Doughnuts. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig