Tuesday, February 1, 2011

THE FUTURE AWARDS 2011 - I AM NIGERIA






All a girl needs to cover an event -
a press pass, a hot pair of sunglasses,
 Lipgloss and a  BB....LOL!
The creed of the Future Awards reads: "I will not steal public funds, I will not accept bribes, I am not corrupt,I will not cover up fraud, I will vote, I will do my bit for change  to happen, I truly believe Nigeria can work, I love my country, I am the future, I represent Nigeria, I am Nigeria.." This is the new voice of Nigerian youths. A voice so loud that Nigeria applauded it's future hope and dreams with record attendance at  2011 instalment of The Future Awards which took place on the 30th Jan 2011@ The Landmark Village, VI 


I first heard about the Future Awards 6 years ago at it’s inception through Dapo Opayinka of Oloja.com who proudly spoke of a project  he was supporting a friend (Debola) in setting up in Nigeria. He thought it would be a great place for me to showcase my magazine, Continental Bride. The idea sounded fabulous but unfortunately I was in London and logistics-wise it wasn’t possible for me to work with them..
Incredibly, the Future Award is now the biggest and most respected green event in the Nigerian youth calendar. It celebrates young movers and shakers between the ages of 18 and 31 who are spearheading a strong movement for change and the perception of Nigerians in various fields of endeavour rewarding with awards which are rigorously judged through a 4 stage, 4 month process that involves a Board of Judges and  an Independent Audit Committee.
Hakeem Balogun's Statement Shoes -
 one of his creations@ Hakbal
Unlike other awards, The Future Awards has made real impact amongst Nigerian youths, It was recently picked as one of the projects from 25 countries around the world, selected  for the United States Governments International Visitors Leadership Programme. It’s success is so widely acclaimed that it’s model was also adopted by the Africa Union (AU) for its Africa Volunteers Awards. The project has partnered with the World bank, Federal Ministries of Education and Youth, the British Council and with select State Governments.
In true patriotic style synonymous with the Future Awards, the ‘Green Carpet’ was rolled out  at the 'strictly by invitation' event to receive arriving celebrities, awardees, guests etc. Here are a few pictures to whet your appetite.. 
The event was no doubt the place to be in Lagos on the 30th... it was celebrity galore, from Politicians to Actors, Musicians to Celebrity Presenters..supercool puts it lightly...but at 8pm..the event hadn’t started and this not so young person ( above 31..closer to the big 40...ahhhhh!!!) was too tired to stay longer...
(Haba..Sunday night..work on Monday...u get?) however.. for a more comprehensive coverage, see all and read all in Ovation International Magazine...:) Yes! Yes! Yes...Ovation magazine stayed all through...look out for Don Jazzy n Crew, Genevieve, Omawunmi, Chidynma, Minister of Finance Olusegun Aganga, Patrick Utomi, Nneka, So Sick  and others and of course, Presidential Aspirant, Chief Dele Momodu, who flew in from Ghana on the day just to be at the awards..


indeed the future Nigeria is bright, the future is green...

Hakeem Balogun of
HAKBAL Bespoke Clothing
On Air Personality - Omotunde AKA
Lolo-1 of Wazobia FM...Nigeria's first 'Pidgin' english radio station.

I absolutely love how they make everyone including 'janded' celebrities et all 
speak pidgin english..no exceptions even if they have to teach them..I luv..
Former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria,
Omowunmi Akinnifesi
The Very Noble..Mr Noble Igwe
of http://www.360nobs.com/
Nigeria's very honourable Patrick Doyle

Omotola Jalade is a beautiful, beautiful woman..after 4 kids she still looks HOT!
I likey!

Commissioner RMD ageing gracefully or what do you think?

Actress Titi from Naija's much loved Tinsel. I love her necklace...very vintage cool..
    






Chilee Agunanna  is a journalist friend. He writes for Encomium Mag.
Random jist about Chilee:His blackberry was stolen on a trip
Owerri or was it Onitsha? Chilz na wa oh! LOL!
Sowwy Dude!!
He was also a nominee@ TFA for 'The Journalist Of The Year' award


Dapo Opayinka in yellow' T' with the Oloja.Com Team - Nigeria's Definitive Business Directory
Considering the fact that I missed the main ceremony due to it starting pweety late..I'm creating my own award category.
The Cutest Person on the Green Carpet.....LOL
And the winner is the cute guy in the middle..I hear he is a child celebrity..sings or something..dunno... but his smile is certainly 'Star-Quality'...


Dimeji Alara is a Stylist. He won Fab Magazine's Stylist of the year 2010 Award.
Although I haven't seen his work, he looks the part and if FAB Magazine says  he is FAB then he's gotta be FAB..!
Rock on Dude!


Governorship Aspirant checking out Vibez Magazine, a popular music magazine for a quick lesson in youth culture..

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Wow! Already saved my pic with u but u didnt have to tell them about my lost BB nah... lol. But great work here. Hope u r good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Chilz, Glad that got your attention..Dude text me your new pin yeah?

    ReplyDelete

© Seriously Doughnuts. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig